South Coast, Golden Cyrcle, Borgarfjörður and Snæfellsnes peninsula
- Pick up at Keflavík airport
- The tour takes 6 days
- The tour can be customized according to your wishes or specific circumstances
- We provide transport, guiding and accommodation
- You bring warm clothing, rain gear, hiking boots
- Pick up at Keflavík Airport. We start by driving from Reykjavik to the Hvalfjörður. This beautiful fjord gets its name from the large number of whales that could be found and caught there. The innermost part of the fjord shows an interesting mixture of volcanic mountains and green vegetation in summertime.
- Our next stop is the Thermal Spring Deildartunguhver. This is Europe’s most powerful hot spring. It has a high flow rate of 180 liters/second and the water emerges at 97°C. Water is taken from Deildartunguhver to be used for central heating in the little nearby towns of Borgarnes and Akranes.
- We then visit the picturesque Hraunfossar. Hraunfossar is a series of waterfalls formed by rivulets streaming out of the lava Hallmundarhraun, a lava field created by eruption from volcanoes next to the Langjökull glacier.
- We then arrive at Langjökull, the second largest glacier in Europe. Our Into the Glacier tour guides will take us exploring inside a glacier. The man-made tunnel systems are about 550 meters long and go 30 meters down into the glacier. Accommodation in the country site
Day 2: Snæfellsnes Peninsula
We go to the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, see the old Eldborg crater and stop to see Gerðuberg basalt columns.
- Our tour then takes us to Búðir, the old Búðir church, the old fisherman’s village Arnarstapi and Hellnar. We will see the glacier Snæfellsjökull volcano. The glacier is a revered symbol of Iceland. With a height of 1446 m, it is the tallest mountain on the peninsula. Snæfellsjökull is also known as the setting for the novel “Journey to the Center of the Earth” by the French author, Jules Verne.
- Then we drive through the Snæfellsjökull National Park. We will go to the beach Djúpalónssandur, with its dramatic rock formations. Djúpalónssandur beach is one of the highlights of Snæfellsnes peninsula wonders.
- Our journey ends with a drive to the North to see the Kirkjufell mountain (463 m). Known as the “guardian of Grundarfjörður’s northern vista”, the Kirkjufell is one of the most photographed spots in Iceland. Accommodation in the country site
Day 3: Golden Circle
- Our first stop is the Þingvellir National Park. Named a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2004, Þingvellir – literally “Parliament Plains” – plays an important role in Icelandic history. It was here that the Icelandic Parliament was founded around. 930 A.D. and continued to meet until 1798. In addition to beautiful landscapes, Þingvellir is also the only place where one can see the continental drift between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Þingvellir has also been used as a set for the TV series “Game of Thrones”
- Our next stop is the famous Geysir in the Haukadalur valley on the slopes of Laugarfjall hill, which is also the home to Strokkur geyser, which erupts every 5-8 minutes and can reach heights of up to 30 meters.
- We then take a short drive to the Golden Waterfall, Gullfoss in the Hvítá river. The water source of both the river and the waterfall is melted ice from the Langjökull glacier, located in the highlands of Iceland.
- Accommodation in the country site
Day 4: South Coast
- Our first stop is the waterfall Urriðafoss in Þjórsá, the most powerful waterfall in Iceland. We then go to Seljalandsfoss, 60 m waterfall with a walk path behind it.
- We then go to Skógar, a tiny Icelandic village with a population of about 25 people. Here we will see the stunning Skógafoss, a waterfall that crashes down from the top of an eroded cliff.
- In good weather we can see Eyjafjallajökull, Mýrdalsjökull and Hekla volcanoes and if we have time, we can stop at a little cinema and watch a 20 min film about the eruption in Eyjafjallajökull 2010.
- Finally, we walk up to the glacier Sólheimajökull, and then to the black sand beach Reynisfjara and make another stop in the small town Vík. Accommodation in the country site
Day 5: Blue Lagoon
- Drive to the Blue Lagoon
- Drive to Reykjavík and spend the rest of the day in Reykjavík and the accommodation in Reykjavík
- Drop off at Keflavík Airport
For more info send us email at email@example.com