One of the most popular attractions in Iceland
The Golden Circle encompasses some of Iceland’s most popular attractions and some of the country’s greatest natural wonders.
- Pick up from your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavík
- The tour takes about 8 hours
- We provide transport and guiding
- The tour can be customized according to your wishes or specific circumstances
- Our first stop is Þingvellir National Park, accepted on the UNESCO World Heritage site in 2004 for its cultural values. Þingvellir – literally “Parliament Plains” – plays an important role in Icelandic history. Alþingi the National Parliament was established around 930. It is the oldest working parliament in the world and was held at a place called Lögberg until 1798, it was more practical for it to conducts its sessions in Reykjavík than in Þingvellir.
- In addition to beautiful landscapes, Þingvellir is also where one can see the continental drift between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. Þingvellir has also been used as a set for the TV series “Game of Thrones” !
- Our next stop is the famous Geysir in the Haukadalurvalley on the slopes of Laugarfjall hill, which is also the home to Strokkur geyser, which erupts every 5-8 minutes and can reach heights of up to 30 meters.
Now it is time for a lunch break !
- We take a short drive to the Golden Waterfall, Gullfoss in the Hvítá river. The water source of both the river and the waterfall is melted ice from the Langjökull glacier, located in the highlands of Iceland.
- On the way back to Reykjavík we drive past greenhouse area in Reykholt, and stop at the Kerið old crater.
Then we drive back to Reykjavík after seeing one of the greatest natural wonders !
For more info send us email at email@example.com