An excursion through paradise
Þórsmörk is a hidden valley nestled between two glaciers Tindfjallajökull and Eyjafjallajökull and shielded by rivers and mountains. Þórsmörk is named after the Norse thunder god, Thor (Þór). Þórsmörk contains dramatic landscapes, vast hiking trails and stunning views. It is a paradise for hikers, has endless hiking trails in beautiful volcanic landscape, with views over the three glaciers: Eyjafjallajökull, Mýrdalsjökull and Tindfjallajökull.
- Pick up from your hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavík
- The tour takes about 10 -12 hours for a daytrip but you might prefer to stay overnight, just let us know, then we make you a new offer
- The tour can be customized according to your wishes or specific circumstances
- We provide transport and guiding
- You bring warm clothing, rain gear, hiking boots and lunch
- June – October only
- We start by driving along Highway 1 about 80 minutes from Reykjavík
- We make a stop at the waterfall Seljalandsfoss, where you can walk behind the curtain of cascading water.
- Then onto a gravel road with unbridged rivers in Þórsmörk, that will be an adventure.
- When we are in Þórsmörk Nature Reserve. We spend the day hiking along marked trails in the beautiful scenery of delicate trees and green grass surrounded by towering mountains and glacial tongues.
- Then we drive back to Reykjavík and after this tour you are in seventh heaven !
Price from 25.000 ISK